Green Belt to Blue Stripe
Any Junior Pattern
Rear bear hug-under arms
Rear bear hug-over arms
Front bear hug-under arms
Front bear hug-over arms
2 step # 1 & 2
Green board front snap kick
Definition of Won-Hyo (audio)
Won-Hyo was the noted monk who introduced Buddhism to the silla dynasty in the year 686 AD.
List three points of the student/instructor relationship (audio)
1. Never tire of learning. A good student can learn anywhere any time
2. A good student must be willing to sacrifice for his/her art and instructor. Many students feel that their training is a commodity bought with monthly dues and are unwilling to take part in demonstrations, teaching, and work around the Dojang. An instructor can afford to lose this type of student
3. Always set a good example for junior ranking students.
4. Always be loyal and never criticize the instuctor, Taekwon-do, or teaching methods.
5. If an instructor teaches a technique, practice it and attempt to utilize it.
6. Remember that a student’s conduct outside the Dojang reflects on the ART, the instructor and the club.
7. If a student adopts a technique from another club and the instructor disapproves of it, the student must discard it immediately.
8. Never disrespect the instructor. Though a student is allowed to disagree with the instructor, the student must forst follow the instruction and then discuss the matter with the instructor privately.
9. A student must always be eager to learn and ask questions.
10. Never betray the instructor.
Meaning of green belt
Signifies the plant’s grow, as the Taekwon-do skill begins to develop.
Blue Stripe to Blue Belt
Any Junior Pattern
Front head lock
Side head lock
2 step, # 3 & 4
Green board spinning back kick
Blue board, technique of choice
Definition of Yul-Gok (audio)
Yul-Gok is the pseudonym of the grear philosopher and scholar Yi I (1536-1584) nicknamed the “Confusius of Korea”. The 38 movements of this pattern refer to his birthplace on the 38 degree latitude and the diagram represents “scholar”.
Date Taekwon-do was named
April 11, 1955
Date of the Formation of the ICTF
October 24/25, 2003
Date of General Choi’s, Birth/Death
Birth: November 9, 1918
Death: June 15, 2002